Having a Last On, Last Off box can be a lifesaver on moving day. And, it should be carried with you, not on the moving van if possible.
Label a box in large letters “DO NOT LOAD,” and then pack it with essentials that you will need up to the last minute before departing and immediately on arrival. By planning ahead you will be able to eliminate some of the frustrations as you begin settling into your new home.
Here are some items to consider including:
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Adhesive bandages and pain reliever
- Light Bulbs
- Bars of soap & towels. Hand sanitizer. Disinfectant spray
- Tissue, toilet paper, paper napkins, paper towels
- Can opener, two sauce pans, coffee pot (small can/bag of coffee, creamer & sugar packets)
- Paper plates and cups, plastic utensils, trash bags, twist ties
- Scissors, a utility knife, package tape, rubber bands
- Screwdriver, hammer, nails and pliers
- Household cleaning supplies and dishwashing detergent
- Pens and note paper
- Small radio, mobile phone & charger, phone book (if available to you)