Temperatures are falling and winter is in full effect! Here are a few tips to help keep your home warm this winter.
- Add a second layer of insulation to the attic.
- Caulk around windows and doors, install weather-stripping and check for cracks around electrical outlets and pipes.
- Install storm windows and doors.
- Have the heating system checked by a professional.
- Clean gutters. Clogged gutters can result in basement flooding when snow melts.
- Have chimneys inspected and cleaned by a professional.
- Drain and shut off outdoor water faucets.
- Insulate water pipes that are exposed to the cold