Omaha, Nebraska was recently named the #1 Best Value City for 2011 by Kiplinger Magazine. The article, featured on their website, gives Omaha high marks for our low cost of living and low unemployment rate. It also states that we have five Fortune 500 companies and “arguably more millionaires per capita than any other U.S. metro area.”
So, why do they like Omaha so much? Isn’t it obvious? We’re an affordable and fun city! Between reasonable housing and several free or low-cost entertainment options, Omaha has lots of things to offer!
- www.CBSHOME.com : Begin your home search! You can search by map, area, subdivision, search for condos/townhomes and school district. We have all the listings available in the MLS so you see everything available!
- Jazz on the Green: A summer concert series at MidTown Crossing. This free event runs through August 11th.
- Joslyn Art Museum: Omaha’s art museum, close to downtown. While admission is inexpensive, they also offer free admission every Saturday from 10 AM – 12 Noon.
- Lauritzen Gardens: Omaha’s Botanical Garden Center has 100 acres of gardens to explore by foot or tram, and admission is very inexpensive.
- The Slowdown: Omaha’s local band hotspot! It’s located in the North Downtown area of Omaha, near TD Ameritrade Park. Also in the area are several restaurants and bars.
- The Old Market: Another popular attraction in Omaha! Several dining options, shopping, night life and arts and attractions. This is a favorite spot of Omaha locals!
We know Omaha is a great city to live in! If you’re new to Omaha, planning to relocate, or just looking for new things to do – explore Omaha – It’s worth it (and we aren’t the only ones who think so)!