Baby, It’s Cold Outside!
Published: November 17 2010
1. Interest rates are at an all time low. Combine this with lower than normal housing prices and you might find that buying is cheaper than renting.
2. There is a large number of inventory currently for sale so you have your pick from lots of homes. And since cooler weather is upon us you have virtually eliminated the competition as the majority of people do not want to move in the winter.
3. Better negotiating power. There are a lot of extremely motivated home owners who are in financial predicaments whether they have lost their job or are looking to downsize to cut their expenses. Most sellers will go above & beyond to work with you on the purchase of their home whether it’s paying a portion of your closing costs or offering a home warranty.
4. Seeing a home decorated for the holidays might help you decide it’s “the one”. If you can picture yourself spending holidays in the home chances are you are going to love it for years to come. What better gift can you give yourself than a new home for the holidays?!
5. People typically get more time off work during the months of November & December. You can use this time to look at homes or even to move. And, you can recruit your family to help.
If you have questions about buying or selling a home or about the Omaha housing market please give me a call. I would love to help you find “the one”!
(402) 578-6223 (c) Megan.Dreesen@cbshome.com (e)